We are a quickly growing company that requires a full-time, remote HR Manager!
We have a service business with government clients. This requires strict compliance with HR policies, timely reporting of new hires and with certifying the payroll reports meet minimum wage. We utilize software for time tracking (Deputy.com) and for processing payroll (Rippling.com) but there are some approvals and manual reporting that must be done by a professional. This is where you would come in.
Must be able to work on Eastern Time Zone (New York) and at least 40 hours a week. This is for immediate hire.
1. Onboarding new employees into our human resource system (Rippling)
2. Making sure new employees have filled out their profiles and required forms correctly and completely in their application within Rippling
3. Scheduling orientation and training,
4. Reviewing and processing background checks
5. Setting up new employees through our online job calendar (Deputy)
6. File new hire reports with the government
7. keeping record of and managing any labor claims with our vendors, such as workers comp or unemployment
8. keeping record of and managing any internal disciplinary report
9. Verify I-9 (virtually with our field manager)
10. coordinating with our recruiter, project manager and scheduler to ensure all paperwork is done for the employee to start or continue working.
11. coordinating quarterly reviews
12. Setting up, enrolling and managing benefits administration in NY (and potentially Florida)
13. Assist as needed with miscellaneous personnel records or employee questions
14. Prevent and assist with other labor compliance issues as may arise.
15. Manage and export any labor reports as required by our government project
16. Organize and upload any reports into the employee's Rippling profile
Additionally and ideally, you would also
17. Approve timesheets within Deputy
18. Run weekly payroll each week in Rippling (by make sure the hours and pay rate from our time tracking software (Deputy.com) have been correctly auto-filled in the payroll processing software (Rippling.com) in order for our weekly payroll processing, and inquire if there is something unusual compared to the prior week (e.g. someone usually works 20 hours but this week shows 35).
19. Fill out the weekly certified payroll sheet for each employee for each project with the hours and pay for the given week and include proof of pay stubs. (This takes me no more than 30 mins)
20. Submit these certified payroll sheets to the government on a monthly basis in the form of a single PDF with a coversheet and invoice.
Expertise and Skills:
You must be tech-savvy, resourceful, proactive, proficient with Excel files, Dropbox, converting files to PDFs, and be comfortable with learning new time tracking and payroll software (i.e. Deputy.com and Rippling.com through our training video)
Pay is $30/hour plus benefits (approx. $65k annual salary)
Full-time (40 hours a week)
You will be asked to answer the following questions: