We are looking for a Full time contractor or employee for a Project Manager role at one our client site.
NOTE: If you are interested and please apply to the applicant tracking system (ATS) link to be a qualified job applicant.
Apply to the below link is REQUIRED and will be _ considered as a valid job applicant._
Texas Health and Human Services Commission requires the services of 1 Project Manager 2, hereafter referred to as Candidate(s), who meets the general qualifications of Project Manager 2, Project Management and the specifications outlined in this document for the Texas Health and Human Services Commission.
All work products resulting from the project shall be considered "works made for hire" and are the property of the Texas Health and Human Services Commission and may include pre-selection requirements that potential Vendors (and their Candidates) submit to and satisfy criminal background checks as authorized by Texas law. Texas Health and Human Services Commission will pay no fees for interviews or discussions, which occur during the process of selecting a Candidate(s).
WORKER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS (Required)
1. Demonstrates ability and interest to review and understand the latest HHS organization charts looking at department dependencies and functions to establish key stakeholder relationships with a view to working collaboratively to support agency stakeholders project tasks which are needed to meet IT SAM deliverable deadlines
2. Creates, maintains, and manages project schedule using MS Project plan or similar Project Schedule or PPM tool as defined by HHSC IT SAM manager or their designee.
3. Completes project workplan/schedule with approvals from IT SAM management or their designee in coordination with program area stakeholders
4. Updates the project workplan at weekly intervals and works collaboratively with agency stakeholder groups to ensure project tasks are completed by all due dates
5. Works extensively with IT SAM manager or their designee to ensure clear scope, deliverables and due dates on all assigned IT SAM initiatives
6. Develops and maintains other project documentation deliverables as appropriate.
7. Produces high-quality project document deliverables on extremely short deadlines, as a working PM contributes the necessary effort after hours if needed, to accomplish extremely short deadlines
8. As a working PM, performs iterative planning and delivery cycles for all deliverables and creates expedited workflows of project tasks with taking ownership and contributing to project delivery tasks as needed as well as directed by the HHSC IT SAM manager or their designee.
9. As a working PM, completes all PM deliverables in addition to providing hands on support to the IT SAM Business Analysts assigned project tasks as directed by the IT SAM manager or their designee.
10.Leads, facilitates as needed and participates in various stakeholder/license holder meetings with the IT SAM state staff and the ITSAC Business Analysts
11.Creates reporting dashboards and status reports per determined cadence on all assigned IT SAM initiatives with IT SAM management efficiently and effectively
12.Communicates often and early to the IT SAM manager or their designee any project risk, issue or potential adverse decision that would impact the IT SAM assigned initiatives.
13.Creates Risk, Action Item, Issue, Decision (RAID) Log and documentations same. Develops with the IT SAM team strategies to mitigate and corrective action plans.
14.Works with IT SAM team to routinely create and perform strength, weakness, opportunities, and threat (SWOT) analysis with the team for any project risk, issue or potential adverse decision or direction and clearly presents alternatives and options to IT SAM manager or their designee.
15.Creates necessary project management tracking tools such as burn-down, dashboards, spend plans, deliverables tracking, requirements traceability matrices, budget trackers; and any other needed project tracking logs and/or tools.
16.Reports, stores and archives project artifacts in Project Management & Repository System (PMRS) and/or other repositories identified by HHSC IT SAM manager or their designee.
17.Other duties as assigned as required to complete project initiatives.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $85.00 - $91.00 per hour